Today is a day of showing someone that you care about them. Be it a card, flowers, chocolates etc. For the day that’s in it, we’ve decided to treat our feathered friends to a Valentine’s day treat!
These heart shaped bird feeders will be gobbled up in no time, plus they’ll definitely be appreciated! Here’s how to make them:
- 380g of birdseed
- 1 envelope of gelatin
- Cookie cutters
- Tablespoon of oil
- Tin foil
- A straw
- Sprinkle envelope of gelatin over 125ml cold water. Let it sit a couple of minutes until gelatin has absorbed the water.
- Heat 410 ml water in a pan, then add in the gelatin mixture. Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in birdseed and allow mixture to cool until gelatin is thick and coats all the birdseed.
- Wrap a piece of tinfoil along the bottom and up the sides of a cookie cutter. Coat tin foil and cookie cutter with a little oil.
- Pack birdseed mixture inside cookie cutter. (Try not to leave any spaces!) Place a piece of straw in birdseed to leave a hole for hanging the bird feeder.
- Allow mixture to harden and then remove from cookie cutter. Alternatively you could put it in the freezer for about and hour to speed things up.
- Add a piece of twine for hanging and watch the birds enjoy!
Inspired by Alpha Mom