Each year, an estimated 500 billion to 1 trillion plastic bags are consumed worldwide. That comes out to over one million per minute! In today’s world, it is nearly impossible to eliminate plastic from our lives entirely, if you would like to try cutting back on plastic though, we’ve got some simple tips to help:
1. Use recycled or biodegradable, compostable garbage bags. (We can recommend some fantastic ones!)
2. Use a reusable water bottle instead of buying bottled water.
3. Keep metal or wooden cutlery in a bag in your car or office so you won’t need to use plastic cutlery.
4. Bring a ‘Bag for Life’ when you do your grocery shopping.
5. Buy a coffee travel mug and use it when getting hot beverages on the go.
Or here’s a different take on the plastic bag: The Majestic Plastic Bag
By making small changes like these, you can drastically cut back on your plastic usage which can make a big difference to our environment. Do you have any tips of your own about how you cut back on plastic?